information for builders

This page will guide builders to the areas that will help you find answers to most of the questions you have about the permitting process. The Uniform Dwelling Code Inspection page will have most of the information, along with the Forms page and the Frequently asked Questions page.

All builders that sign for a permit need to have both a dwelling contractor and a dwelling contractor qualifier credential from the state of Wisconsin.

All plumbers need to have a Wisconsin state issued license.

The HVAC contractor needs to have a HVAC contractor registration.

All electricians need to have a Wisconsin state issued license.

Each Municipality may have a slightly different procedure on how the permitting process is handled. Click on the specific Municipality under Areas we Serve to find out what is required.